Friday, February 17, 2006

When are we going to wake up?

So, like I said before, Kyoto is a joke...it's been a joke since we started talking about it...and America dropping out of conisidering it didn't make it any more of a joke...it just showed we're one of the only countries that take their word seriously.

Kyoto wanted to reduce their emmisions and have them be below the level they were in 1990...sounds like a good idea...I mean, I like fresh air as much as anyone else. Ok, 1990 levels is sort of easy, since back then the semi-backward communists of East-Germany were still using outdated technology that emmitted far more than 1991-level technology demanded. But you don't learn to hit homers by practicing agains Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemmons, Curt Shilling, or Bronson Arroyo...you do it against me, cause I'm pitching them softly. (Ok, I'll admit I can't wait for baseball to start again.) So, for a first step, maybe an easy goal was a good idea...everyone makes their targets, doesn't work too hard...and everyone starts the next round with a good feeling.

But, what happens if you don't make your easy target?

Well, everyone then knows that you were never serious about the whole thing in the first place...and America looks even better by pulling out of the treaty, yet still reducing their emmissions, while still not giving up their SUVs. Damn Straight.

Ok, I'll admit it. The title (and most of the post) is going a little too far for what I had in mind...but it did grab you attention, so it did exactly what it was supposed to. I hope you comment and tell me exactly how I'm wrong...it's probably not hard for bright college students like all of you who are reading this...but if you don't respond, I, as always, will be proven correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home